Another AGM in the Books
The 21th annual Blackburn Creek Homeowner's Association Annual General Meeting was held at the Ellerslie Rugby Club building as in previous years on November 6, 2017. There were 28 members in attendance along with some spouses not counted as members (only one vote is allowed per household). Highlights are as follows:
The Minutes from the 2016 AGM were approved.
The President’s report included:
- An outline of the duties of Board Members and the Association based on the various Covenants.
- An update on the roofing lawsuit.
- Spring cleanup, watering, landscaping bridge rail maintenance.
- Four letters had been sent to owners regarding fence maintenance with positive outcomes.
- Pay Pal issues have now been resolved. The Board will be working to streamline its payment system further over the next year.
- The Neighbourhood Party was very successful.
An oversight regarding unencumbered lots and housing units was corrected through a minor bylaw amendment.
The Treasurer’s report was presented and adopted.
Community events report detailed the 25th year party and that volunteers are needed to assist with fundraising for the new playground.
Our City Councillor, Michael Walters, provided us with information relative to how we can all work together ensuring a clear avenue of communication for future success in our dealings with the City.
The Board of Directors for 2017-18 was established with Adam Kitchen and Melissa Tilburn leaving the Board (thanks to them for their valuable service) and three new members (Marilyn Rude, Cameron Steenveld and Tashfin Haque) being added to the Board (thanks to them for volunteering). Jay White, David Morris, Nathan Maslenko, Drew Schofield, and Brian Hawrelak are also staying on as Board members.
Watch our website for further developments over the coming year.